It's a Stitch

Crafty adverntures with bits and bobs

Tuesday, 23 August 2011

Wooly Skirt

It's getting really cold and wet here all of a sudden. I sort of hoped that in South East England the summer would hang around for a bit longer.

When I was little and watched the weather report on TV it seemed to always be raining on the West coast of Scotland and always be really sunny and warm in London and the South East. I thought that, since the news and weather were being reported from London, the weather man was making the weather nice for himself and giving everyone else bad weather. Now I know it was probably true, it is not nicer here, they just say it is...

So since winter is rolling in it's time to break out the wooly jumpers and scarves right? But what if your bum is cold?! Yes, you need a wooly skirt.
I bought a really great wool skirt from Urban Outfitters in January from Urban Renewal. It is a recycled jumper with a brilliant pattern. I want more of them in lots of brilliant patterns in time for winter. So I decided to recycle a jumper. It was a tough first cut because I REALLY liked the jumper as a jumper, but sacrifices must be made. I bought it from a charity shop for about £4, I'm going to go hunting for more on Saturday!





















It's really simple to do. I just cut under the arms all the way round and attached a band of elastic to the top. Voila
.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 24 August 2011 at 03:54 , Blogger Sarah said...

Sweet skirt! Perfect for the terrible weather we're having!
Thanks for the congrats on my blog for the Look Magazine comp, I really appreciate it!
Burn the Blonde X

 
At 25 August 2011 at 13:27 , Blogger Limasim said...

nice blog and really beautiful pictures. I like it <3

Lisa from lebeberlin.net

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home