It's a Stitch

Crafty adverntures with bits and bobs

Sunday, 21 August 2011

Blog Life

I'm so new to this whole blogging thing that I haven't actually been sure what I want to achieve from it. At first it was purely to have somewhere to keep track of all this things I was planning on making. Since I've read others' blogs and seen what they post and the way they inspire so many people it has made me want to write more and do more to add to the "blogging community".

My posts may not have any great relevance to anyone or be very insightful, but if people enjoy reading them, or see something I’ve made and want to try it themselves, I think it’d be pretty cool.
So I wasn’t sure how to go about getting more people to actually read my blog. I post it on my Facebook occasionally and comment on blog posts that I’ve really enjoyed or connected with, but past that I didn’t want to be one of those people that just post links to my blog everywhere. Mainly because I don’t know that my blog is good enough to do that.

I read all the blogs I follow daily and really enjoy taking a peek into the lives of these girls that seem to have such great opinions on things, writing helpful and interesting posts, as well as looking amazing all the time. I don’t really know how they do it. Two bloggers that I really look up to are Lauren at Noir Nouvelle and Charlene at Dainty Dresses. They both have great styles and a mixture of brilliant pictures with great writing makes reading their blogs so easy and enjoyable.

I asked these girls for some advice on blogging and about how to get in the scene a bit more and some of the advice I’ve got already is going to be really helpful so I wanted to say thank you properly for that!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 22 August 2011 at 08:09 , Blogger Sara E.K said...

Your blog is awesome! Iam enjoying every minute of reading!

 
At 23 August 2011 at 03:09 , Blogger Rachel said...

I felt like this when I started my blog...and still do a lot of the time! What you need to remember is, yes post things that people will enjoy reading but only if you enjoy writing them too! And I think the best way to get into the blogging scene more is to continuously search for new blogs that you like x

 
At 23 August 2011 at 11:47 , Blogger Ayeisha said...

Your blog is too cute :]

Ayeisha
x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home