It's a Stitch

Crafty adverntures with bits and bobs

Tuesday, 16 August 2011

80s Silvery dress


I bought this dress on eBay thinking it was about a size 12, it arrived and it was MASSIVE. And because I'd got the perspective wrong it was also really long, and I don't suit mid-calf dresses since I'm really short anyway. So I have been meaning to take it in and up for a while and I finally got round to it
the other day.
This is the finished result, I forgot to take a before picture in my rush of excitment for finally doing some actual sewing:


I tried sewing something small last night and my machine did it's stupid tempramental jamming and snapping of the thread. Usually after a bit of tampering it works, but it didn't this time. I think I might invest in a new small machine, nothing fancy probably ony of the portable wee John Lewis ones like this:







Small and simple and in a cool colour. And it's only £59 which is mega cheap.
I think it will be my next purchase :)

















UPDATE (10 minutes or so later) I just bought that.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home