It's a Stitch

Crafty adverntures with bits and bobs

Tuesday, 10 May 2011

It's been so long...

Hello to anybody that reads this, probably not many as of yet, but that may be due to the fact that I've not posted in a verrry long time.
I've been busy studying for exams and being busy with university in general so I haven't made anything or done anything crafty of any sort other than doodles in my notes and diagrams of the brachial plexus...
My final exam is next week and am SO busy after that with other stuff, such as:

Massive clear out of alll my stuff onto Ebay
Moving out of my flat
My 21st
Moving to Edinburgh for 2 months on a work placement
Moving to Kent for a year on another work placement

So I'm going to try and get some sewing done when Im home for my 21st, when I'm doing my Ebay clearout I'm going to sell the things that I don't wear, but if I still really like them I'll put them in an "alter" pile, which I will (slowly) make into things I will wear.
I won't be taking my sewing machine to Edinburgh but I WILL take it with me to Kent, since I don't really know anyone there I'll try to save money by not going into London every weekend and staying in and sewing instead.
I think I'm going to teach myself how to knit too. And I'll be so close to London that I'll be able to find some really amazing fabric shops and hopefully make some better stuff than I've had time to while at uni. Not having to study loads every weekend will be a massive bonus, I won't live in the library anymore, well for a year at least :)

Anyway I was just updating because I haven't in ages... I'll have to make something small just to do an actual post soon.. Not Long Now!

In the mean time here are some of the procrastination-like things I've been getting up to, usually for a worthy cause... 

The Discworld cake I made for my
boyfriend's 21st, took me forever!
Cakes I made for the lab I worked
in during the easter break

Doodles on my notebook....
studying is fun.

1 Comments:

At 13 June 2011 at 10:06 , Blogger Shaun said...

Crochet is easier!
And more fun!

so I've been told.

:D

Keep posting, girly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home