It's a Stitch

Crafty adverntures with bits and bobs

Friday, 28 January 2011

Briony's Green Satin Dress

My friend Briony wanted me to make her a nice dress for going out, satin cocktail dress style. So I drew a few designs and looked through a few websites to get some ideas. We decided on a style and this is how it went :

pinned neckline
Pins, pins, pins.






bunchy





Sewn up



I really need to learn how to pick fabrics, I think it'll be easier when I live near a fabric shop and can buy them there rather than getting them online. It's really difficult to decide based on just a picture, for this I could have used a thicker material with more stretch to it. It turned out ok, just a bit shapeless.
I'll make a similar one for myself one day, in blue :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home